Listening and Hearing Benefits
There are a number of advantages to using LACE as a way to improve listening and to improve hearing.
- Better understanding of speech in noise – LACE was specifically created to improve the discrimination of speech in noisy environments. This means that after LACE, you will hear and understand more.
- Less effort to listen and hear – as with any training program, LACE teaches you the activities to improve your listening ability with less effort and consequent fatigue.
- Better results with hearing aids – LACE works to optimise whatever hearing ability you have. This means it improves communication for people using hearing aids and implant, as well as those without.
- Faster rehabilitation to hearing aids – getting used to new hearing aids and the dramatically better hearing abilities they create is not straightforward. Sounds and voices often seem different as well as louder. LACE’s structured lessons give a low pressure environment to acclimatise to your new hearing abilities.
- Cost effective – By getting the most out of your hearing, or by maximising the improvements from a hearing aid, LACE is a very cost effective way of improving your hearing.
Naturally Better Hearing and Listening
Because LACE improves listening and listening skills using your current hearing abilities, it is a totally natural way to address a hearing loss. There are therefore no drugs, procedures or side effects to worry about.
Familiar Ways to Improve Listening
By using its computer software and training exercises, LACE repeats the language learning we start as children, so the process is intuitive and highly acceptable. LACE also has the extra benefit it is designed to be effective with a set of ears and a hearing system that is no longer brand new!
Suitable for All Hearing Abilities – with or without hearing aids/implants
Because it is such a natural and intuitive process, the activities LACE uses to improve listening skills by enhancing hearing abilities are suitable for people who wear hearing aids or those who do not. It may even be suitable for people using cochlear implants or bone anchored aids. As such, LACE may be the perfect answer to anyone asking “how can I improve my hearing?”
Visible Progress and Listening Improvement
As a way to improve hearing, LACE helps you evaluate your progress and improvement by providing feedback and scores as you progress, quicky and easily showing the improvement in your hearing and listening.
Contact your local audiologist or hearing health practitioner for more information.